Worcestershire FA is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and learners.
Worcestershire Football Association is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and learners. Our aim is that our workforce and learners will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee and learner feels respected and able to give of their best.
To that end, the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment or participating in our training programmes and not to discriminate on grounds of sex , gender re-assignment, marital status, race (ethnicity, nationality) disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees and learners, whether part-time, full time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect, Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop to their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce/learners will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
• To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all staff and learners are recognised.
• Every employee and learner is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated. For specific examples and details refer to the Association’s separate Bullying and Harassment Policy.
• Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff and learners.
• Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense. All of the Association’s practices and procedures will be reviewed at least once annually to ensure fairness. An action plan for improvements will be devised and monitored through the Self Assessment Process.
• Breaches of our Equality and Diversity policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
• The Association will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that each training placement and off-the-job training provider used, abides by current legislation with regard to equality of opportunity and, if it discovers any breach that is not immediately rectified, will cease to use that placement or provider.
• Where appropriate, positive measures will be taken to overcome under-representation in specific occupational areas.