Young Leadership initiatives across the county are coordinated by Worcestershire FA's Youth Council with Worcestershire FA supporting the National Football Futures Programme.
WFA Youth Council is a group of individuals who strive to create opportunities and act as a voice for young people involved in football across the county. As young leaders they deliver events by young people, for young people. Upcoming events can be found below:
Saturday 9th July 2016 - Football Futures Camp (click here)
Saturday 23rd July 2016 - Lioness Legacy Leaders
The FA Football Futures Programme is open to anyone aged 14-24 who loves football.
Are you interested in being rewarded for completing voluntary hours within football? Do you want to know what you can do to continue developing as a young leader on your football pathway? Need help finding a placement to become more involved in football?
Worcestershire FA encourages young leaders aged between 14 and 24 to volunteer within football across the county. This could be by coaching at a club, refereeing at school or even by running a website or Twitter account for your local football team!
As a young leader you can take part in this rewarding programme for FREE by signing up online - click here.
How can I complete my voluntary hours?
You can complete hours within one or a combination of the following 6 themes:
- Coaching and working with teams
- Running and supporting events
- Promoting the Game
- Running and developing the Game
- RESPECT Ambassador
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- FA certificate awarded for 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175 & 200 hours volunteering
- FREE kit/equipment!
- Bursaries on coaching/refereeing/football courses!
- Develop your leadership experience and link to other courses, e.g. Duke of Edinburgh award
- Enhance your CV by improving personal skills such as communication, teamwork, confidence and organisation
- Potential to become part of Worcestershire FA Youth Council
- Opportunity to attend county and National camps
- The chance to apply for work experience/placements at Worcestershire FA
- You will be doing voluntary work in something you enjoy!
Want to know more about young leadership in Worcestershire? Email WFA Youth Council by clicking here!