Anyone aged 14+ can take a referee course. The process to become a qualified referee is outlined in four simple steps below.
1) Attend an Introduction Evening and Complete Pre-Course Requirements
Book onto an Introduction Evening online by clicking here
The following prerequisites must be completed before being able to book on to a referee course:
- Aged 14, 15 or 16: Click here to complete an online workshop
- Aged 17+: Click here and book onto an FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
DBS Check (CRC)
- Aged 14 or 15: No check required
- Aged 16+: Follow the guidance document below to complete the online section
2) Enrol onto a Referee Course
Book online by clicking here
**You must not book onto a Referee Course before you have attended an Introduction Evening**
3) Attend all course days and referee five 9v9 or 11v11 matches
These will be organised for you as part of the course
Complete and pass a Laws of The Game exam
NOTE: If you are only looking to complete a referee course for school studies, voluntary awards such as Duke of Edinburgh or to gain an extra qualification this is not the course for you. You will be expected to actively referee regularly upon completion of the course.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions & Essential Information document below as this will answer most queries relating to the Referee Course.
Anyone booking onto a Referee Course before attending an Introduction Evening will be removed from the course without warning.
If you have any further questions please email our Referee & Inclusion Manager, Ollie Williams by clicking here.