FA CPD - Benefits of Small Sided Games
Worcestershire FA are delighted to share the details of an upcoming CPD event which welcomes grassroots coaches to learn more about the benefits of small sided games.
As part of the coach development offer Worcestershire FA provide, this CPD session will bring to life examples of small sided games and show how then can be used to develop skilful players. The FA Coach Developers will share a range of in and out of possession small-sided games, designed to help you develop more skilful players.
What will you take away from this CPD session?
- Some example practices that they could use to support them with this topic.
- An understanding of the benefits of small-sided games to aid progress and the development of skilful players.
- An insight into utilising constraints/practice considerations within small-sided games to support players' skill progression.
- How to embed attacking and defending principles within games.
- Differentiate the needs of your players through the step principle.
- How to utilise goals, opposition and direction of play to make the most of small-sided games.
The workshop will aim to answer a number of common questions from coaches, such as:
- Why should I have small-sided games in my sessions?
- How do small sided games link to the FA 4 Corner Model?
- How can small-sided games help further develop our players?
Date: Sunday 20th November 2022
Time: 10.30am to 1.30pm
Venue: Chaddesley Corbett Sports Ground, Fox Lane, Long More, Chaddesley Corbett, Kidderminster, DY10 4RE
*By attending this event you will earn FA CPD hours*
We would like to thank Chaddesley Ravens FC for hosting the CPD.