Droitwich Spa v Malvern Town Reserves

Report: Three Thrilling Finals Contested At The Community Stadium

Droitwich Spa, Kidderminster Harriers Ladies, and Broughsons seal County Cup successes.

Spa Claim Saturday Junior Silverware

The first of three WFA County Cup finals at the weekend saw Droitwich Spa go head-to-head with Malvern Town Reserves.

Town’s lower-ranked Reserves put in a spirited showing but succumbed to a rallying last 20 minutes from The Saltmen.

There wasn’t much between the sides in the early exchanges but Malvern struck first on 21 minutes when Jack Cullity’s swinging corner was carried in by a strong gust of wind.

Spa worked some good wide positions before the break but rarely tested Town ‘keeper King. Their best chance of the half fell right before the interval, as a loose ball in the box found unmarked Jack Allerton who could only blaze his effort over the bar.

Malvern frustrated Droitwich up until the 70th minute when the blustery conditions played their part once again. Ben Tilbury's free-kick caught the wind and looped through the grasp of King for the leveler.

The equaliser completely changed the momentum of the game and Spa found the winner when another swirling set-piece found Matty Hunt, who headed home at the near post.

Relentless Reds Win Women’s Cup

Kidderminster Harriers claimed the Sunday Women’s Cup crown for the second consecutive season, as they despatched of Worcester United 4-1.

Goals from Kirsty Roberts, Amy Plimmer, and Amber Irsen-Lawrence put the Reds up inside 30 minutes before a lapse in concentration allowed Lucy Edwards to get one back for Worcester just before the break.

However, Harriers restored their three goal lead straight after the interval – Molly Maguire latching onto a loose ball, as United failed to clear their lines from a corner.

The Reds were relentless in their approach thereafter but couldn’t find a fifth despite creating numerous chances.

To their credit, Worcester kept battling right until the end but were ultimately beaten by a very skillful, organised, and hard-working Harriers outfit.

Broughsons Blow Away F.C. United Of Worcester

Four first-half Broughsons goals blew away F.C. United Of Worcester in the final County Cup contest of the weekend.

The scoring was opened on eight minutes after an excellent, bustling run to the by-line was cut back to Josh Carter, who swept the ball into the back of the net.

Broughsons doubled their lead just 10 minutes later, as Rhys Whitehouse’s corner was headed home by Aaron Bates.

Dave White smashed in a third five minutes prior to the interval before Shay Palmer pocked the fourth just minutes later to give Broughsons a hefty half-time advantage.

United came out rallying in the second period and grabbed themselves a goal just moments after the re-start, as Joe Bates slotted in a spot-kick

Bates bagged another on 52 minutes when he was played in-behind the Broughsons back-line and subsequently scooped the ball over the on-rushing Elder.

However, any chance of a Worcester comeback was thwarted with 15 minutes to play. Billy Garvey cut inside from the left and weaved his way past three United defenders before slotting a strike into the bottom left corner.

Shay Palmer then notched his second to put any potential comeback beyond doubt.

We’d like to thank all six clubs for three excellent cup finals, as well as Pershore Town for allowing us to use their facilities.