Good management ensures grassroots clubs thrive
Paying consideration to the management of your club will help it succeed both on and off the pitch.
For some clubs, with just one team this may seem a simple task but for a community club with multiple age groups and teams, this can be a daunting prospect. Luckily we're here to help and point you in the right direction of everything you need to ensure your club is well managed and in good shape. Distributing the various responsibilities and tasks involved in managing a club amongst a team of club officials and volunteers is a brilliant way of reducing the workload and increasing the community feel of your club
Things to think about
Good Club Management covers a number of important areas. These include:
- Club development and planning for the future
- Choosing an appropriate structure for your club (e.g. incorporated, charity, CASC)
- Forming partnerships and links with other organisations
- Ensuring the right governance processes and personnel are in place
- Ensuring you have access to all the required facilities
- Keeping in top of club finances and administration
2023/24 season - important updates
Starting in 23/24, the Affiliation process will have a new home – the Club Portal.
There are also changes coming with regards to required qualifications for Affiliation in 2023/24 so please take the time to ensure you are up to date with the new criteria.
Click below for all the information you need to get affiliated for the 2023/24 season.