If you are looking at investing in your facilities, whether that is some advice on pitch maintenance, some support with upgrading your current facilities, investment into changing rooms or you are thinking of installing a new 3G. Get in touch with Worcestershire FA and we can help guide you through what can be a difficult and challenging process. We work with partners such as The FA. the Football Foundation, Institute of Groundsman (IOG), Sport England and Local Authorities.
Below is some information to help get you started.
The FA Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP)
Worcestershire FA are
working in partnership with The FA Facilities and Investment Team and Institute
of Groundmanship to develop a grass pitch maintenance service which can be
utilised by grassroots football clubs, with the simple aim of improving the
quality of grass pitches.
The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given
the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The
key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and
practical solutions on a number of areas.
In Worcestershire we will be working with the IOG
Regional Pitch Advisor, to provide visits to local clubs in the county.
To qualify for a visit a club will need to own their own site OR
be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
- Access to expert advice at a substantial cost saving compared to an independent agronomist report
- Pitch maintenance advice and support tailored to the needs, budget, expertise and equipment available
- Potential to access external funding for pitch development and or maintenance equipment.
- Clubs complete and submit an Expression of Interest Form (available to download below) if they wish to join and commit to the 12 month programme. Worcestershire FA and the Regional Pitch Advisor may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisors.
- Worcestershire FA will coordinate the time and date of the first visit in conjunction with the selected club.
- Worcestershire FA will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits and all relevant details.
- The Regional Pitch Advisor completes the first site visit.
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and Worcestershire FA
- Club follows recommendations and actions.
- Feedback sought from club following agreed milestones and timescales, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Worcestershire FA, Senior Development Officer Martin Collier and The FA Regional Facilities & Investment Manager
- Worcestershire FA will contact the club to organise a follow-up visit for 12 months after the original assessment date to gauge whether interventions have been successful, the standard of the playing surfaces have improved and offer further advice on next steps.
For more information or further support surrounding the Pitch Improvement Programme, please contact:
Football Development Manager
Tel: 01905 827137 (ext.206)
more information on PIP