FA Coaching Deaf Footballers
The purpose of this course is to provide you with ideas and guidance on how to adapt, where necessary, to include deaf players in your sessions and match situations in your school or club.
- What is sound?
- The ear
- Types of deafness
- The impact of deafness on children and their language skills
- Hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Different types of hearing aids
- Options and approaches
- Communication with deaf footballers
- Communicating by telephone
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Health and safety considerations
- Planning and organising
- Rule adaptations
- Player pathway
Prior to certification, candidates are required to obtain Introduction to Coaching Football.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply and extend your coaching skills to meet the needs of deaf players
- Feel confident when coaching deaf footballers
- Have improved their awareness of deafness and a better understanding of the needs of deaf footballers
- Use basic communication skills for coaching deaf footballers
- Use basic BSL signs appropriate to coaching and football sessions
- Plan a range of coaching sessions that include deaf footballers
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Get In Touch
By Phone: 01905 827137 ext: 209
(9am - 5pm Monday - Friday)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org