To view the interactive online version of the FA Discipline Handbook, please click HERE
The video gives a clear runthrough for Clubs, Players and Leagues on how the Discipline process works.
It is worth noting that there are some significant changes from the previous guidlines, notably:
- All standard automatic sanctions start FOURTEEN days after the fixture in which the offence took place (previously 21 days)
- Youth Football is now categorised by day, meaning that there are now SEVEN match type categories:
- SATURDAY, SUNDAY, MIDWEEK, REPRESENTATIVE, FRIENDLY,VETERANS and SCHOOLS
The SANCTION GUIDELINES for misconduct cases are now published in the Handbook. This will help clubs and players understand what sanction they could receive for any given charge.
It highlights the process from start to finish and gives guidance on the following:
- The difference between a Standard and a Misconduct Charge
- The response to paperwork and timescales
- The charging and appeals procedure
- The implimentation of the Match Based Discipline System
- What games qualify for suspension
- Guidance for League Sanctioning
Alternatively, you can view it as a PDF document by clicking the document link below.