They will work with The FA Charter Standard Clubs or specific target groups, on a part-time basis, and will each provide agreed hours of mentoring support to clubs or individuals, across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
• To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
• To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
• To mentor and support coaches working in Charter Standard Clubs
• To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
• To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
• To support coach development , focusing upon the knowledge , skills and attributes to be an effective coach
• To support and develop reflection skills
• To develop individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from prospective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches working within Charter Standard Clubs, BAME Coaches, Female Coaches and Coaches with a Disability.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please complete the application form found below and return it together with your CV to: email@example.com. Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually if you do not hear from us by Friday 17th June 2016, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 20th May 2016. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place in Worcestershire on Friday 10th June 2016.
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Coach Mentor will be required to attend a 2 day training / familiarisation session at a centralised location within their region (for which no fee will be payable). This induction will be taking place on Saturday 2nd July and Saturday 9th July (Further details will be provided at interview).
No further Interview or Induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates. If you have any queries please contact
Kirsty.Cox@thefa.com (South Applications)