If you are looking at investing in your facilities, whether that is some advice on pitch maintenance, some support with upgrading your current facilities, investment into changing rooms or you are thinking of installing a new 3G. Get in touch with Worcestershire FA and we can help guide you through what can be a difficult and challenging process. We work with partners such as The FA Regional and Investment Facility Managers, the Football Foundation, Institute of Groundsman (IOG), Sport England and Local Authorities.
Below is some information to help get you started and point you in the right direction.
The FA Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP)
Worcestershire FA are working in partnership with The FA Facilities and Investment Team and IOG to develop a grass pitch maintenance service which can be utilised by grassroots football clubs, with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches.
For more information on PIP click HERE
• Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund - The Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund provides grants for building or refurbishing grassroots facilities, such as changing pavilions and playing surfaces for community benefit. The maximum grant available from the Foundation for each facilities project is £500,000 and the minimum grant available from the Foundation through this scheme is £10,000.
• Premier League & The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme - The Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund Small Grants Scheme awards grants of up to £10,000 for the provision of capital items, or to refurbish/improve existing facilities. The aims of this scheme are to: Support the growth of football clubs and activity, prevent a decline in football participation and make improvements to facilities to address any health and safety issues.
• Football Stadia Improvement Fund (FSIF) - The FSIF provides money for clubs in the National League System who want to improve their facilities for players, officials and spectators. The eligibility of projects and grant limits available is dependent on the National League Step System which your club plays at. For more information, click HERE
For further details on the funding schemes available from the Football Foundation please visit: www.FootballFoundation.org.uk
• Small Grants- Small Grants can fund formally constituted not-for-profit organisations and statutory bodies. This might include sports clubs, voluntary organisations, local authorities, schools or governing bodies of sport. They will not fund an individual, sole trader or partnership, organisations established to make profit or organisations not established in the UK. If your organisation is part of a larger organisation, you should confirm that you are sufficiently independent of them. If you do not have your own committee, bank account and constitution you will need the support of your parent organisation, which must accept overall responsibility for the award.
• Community Asset Fund- The first phase of their launch is the new Community Asset Fund. If you’re an organisation looking to take over sports facilities, a sports club that wants to expand or you have a great idea for a project that’s clearly needed in the local community, then this could be the fund for you. £7.5 million will be available for single and multi-sport community facilities in this phase. Based on similar projects they’ve already supported, they expect to make awards of between £5,000 and £150,000
• Strategic Facilities Fund- Their Strategic Facilities Fund is designed to support the sector to invest strategically to deliver the outcomes essential to local communities. This means starting with local insight and really understanding what the local community needs and wants. It means thinking about a whole area to make sure existing and future facilities will work together – not just looking at an individual building or the needs of an individual sport.
They also offer support with everything facilities from ‘design and cost guidance’ to advice on ‘community asset transfers’. This can be found by clicking HERE
There are also a number of resources available below which you can access that may help towards your application. For information on goalpost safety - click HERE
For more information to do with Facilities and Funding contact Martin Collier 01905 827137 ext 206- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you are ready to make an application for funding please complete the Facility Expression of Interest Form - click HERE.